Quantcast

Thread: Zaxxon's Motherbase 2000

Default Zaxxon's Motherbase 2000

The 32X tried really hard to impress with its 3D visuals, and to be frank, it didn't really succeed all that often. Sega also tried hard to attract gamers with innovative gameplay ideas, and they even resurrected a long-forgotten franchise in the attempt. Zaxxon's Motherbase 2000 didn't exactly do its namesake justice, but didn't exactly fall on its face either. Check out our full report for all the flat-shaded details!
    Last edited by Melf; 02-15-2009 at 11:17 PM.

Proud 16-bit War Veteran ESWAT Veteran David J.'s Avatar

I have a love/hate relationship with the game. It looks good, and plays decent, but isn't a decent Zaxxon game. The local pawn shop has a copy of Zaxxon 3D on display with Space Harrier 3D. I might buy them, if they are cheap.

Anyway, it's on my to-buy list for the 32X. Only a few games for that system to go.
    The smell of scorched oil hangs in the air as a premonition of danger, while the engine gloriously shouts its war cry...

Throughout history, suspicion has always bred conflict. The real conflict, though, resides in people's hearts. This conflict has just begun.

nes x-men nes x-men nes x-men

Ehh, I like this game enough for me to be able to say "I like it," but it's anything but exceptional.

Super Robot Raging in the Streets Obviously's Avatar

I actually got this game for free along with a few others when a friend of mine just up and abandoned his Genesis for the PS1. I just realized I forgot to include the two player mode in the review but it's not really worth mentioning anyway.

I want to find this game. This is because I like the old Zaxxon game and this game looks like it has some potential. All I have to do now is get a 32X connector cable.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Marsh
    I want to find this game. This is because I like the old Zaxxon game and this game looks like it has some potential. All I have to do now is get a 32X connector cable.
    I wonder if the game was actually supposed to be an update to Zaxxon. It only had the Zaxxon name in North America.
    Last edited by CRV; 02-06-2006 at 05:32 PM.

Proud 16-bit War Veteran ESWAT Veteran David J.'s Avatar

It was called Parasquad in Japan, so maybe the Zaxxon name was a last minute change to sell two more copies?
    The smell of scorched oil hangs in the air as a premonition of danger, while the engine gloriously shouts its war cry...

Throughout history, suspicion has always bred conflict. The real conflict, though, resides in people's hearts. This conflict has just begun.

nes x-men nes x-men nes x-men

Raging in the Streets Thunderblaze16's Avatar

I like the music and concept that you have to avoid shit falling from top of you lol.
    ***Visualshock! Speedshock! Soundshock! Now is time to the 68000 heart on fire!***
    http://ban-game-4.gamewise.co/musha-metallic-uniframe-super-hybrid-armor_banner65-61867-full.jpeg

Thread Information