Quantcast

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some advice on places to look for Genesis games needed

Ceramic Arms Outrunner Kikoskia's Avatar

Default Some advice on places to look for Genesis games needed

This sounds really sad, but after a little under three weeks I have almost bled my current city of residence dry.

Yes, that's right. A CITY. Most stores don't even stock a single Megadrive game. Heck, most people around here don't know of any consoles before the playstation, they are that shallow. Of the stores that do, I have taken quite a few of the games from one store and nearly ALL the games from the other. What is generally left is as follows:

One store

-Copys of Phantasy Star II and III... for 30 each. -_-
    -A whole container full of sports titles and, I think, a copy of Mega Games 1, each 2 each. If I get Mega Games 1, there are no more there.
    -A random smattering of games I am either not interested in or are too pricy.

And the other store

-Quite a selection of megadrive games... for quite a hefty price. Lowest priced ones without boxes are 3 and there are copies of games that are priced highly that aren't worth that price (like Mortal Kombat II for 10.) There IS RKA there though, albiet at 15, but that's still a lot of money.

Basically, it would seem all the real stores in the area are now flat out and there only a scant few games in them that I want, most of them being highly overpriced.

The question is this: Apart from eBay, do you guys know of anywhere else I can muster up some games? There are no car boot sales nearby... ever. And also, most of the thrift and pawn shops in my area stock nothing but half broken TV's and clothes, although at some point I'll be giving the few I haven't checked another look.

I just don't want to end up having to rely on eBay for games, which it seems like I'm going to end up having to do if I cannot find other stores (Be they online or offline) to get games from.

Advice please?

Megadrive games: 254
    Kikoskia's Let's Plays on YouTube

Super Robot Raging in the Streets Obviously's Avatar

Hit yard sales, flee markets and pawn shops whenever you can and check the classifieds in newspapers. Other than that the internet is usually the best way.

As said in the first post, there aren't really any flea markets where I live. The pawn shops tend not to stock megadrive games also, but I guess they are worth a look... well, the ones I haven't already looked in anyway.

Proud 16-bit War Veteran ESWAT Veteran David J.'s Avatar

You gotta have patience. In my area Genesis and Sega Saturn supplies are kind of rare, here's some of the good stuff I've gotten for cheap by waiting:

Memory cart
    Resident Evil
    Legend of Oasis
    Mr. Bones
    Duke Nukem 3D
    Virtua Fighter
    Virtua Fighter Remix
    Steep Slope Sliders
    Street Fighter Alpha
    Clockwork Knight
    Spot goes to Hollywood
    Lost World Jurassic Park
    Tomb Raider (back insert is sunfaded >:E)
    Herzog Zewi (box and cart)
    .. a few more Genesis and some crap saturn games.
    The smell of scorched oil hangs in the air as a premonition of danger, while the engine gloriously shouts its war cry...

Throughout history, suspicion has always bred conflict. The real conflict, though, resides in people's hearts. This conflict has just begun.

nes x-men nes x-men nes x-men

Nameless One GenkiVideoGames.com's Avatar

Whilst we are a shop and not a fan site, we are a shop run by fans so hopefully that makes us worthy of a listing here!

www.GenkiVideoGames.com

It'd be a pleasure to come to the assistance of a fellow gamer in distress, but all our Mega Drive (Genesis) titles are Japanese.

We recently updated our range of desirable titles with a large batch of collectable import games from Japan.

If there's anything your after for your import collection, and its not on the site, please let us know.... We are based in the UK. I take it you've been to CEX in Leeds? Unfortunately they are a bit more mainstream these days...
    Peter.
    GenkiVideoGames.com

Computer Exchange in Leeds eh? I am in Leeds. Yes, I've been to Computer Exchange. It's a good store, nothing megadrive in sotck there at the moment last time I checked though.

Yes, I know I need to be patient. But let's put it this way; the store with a lot of highly priced megadrive games was where I got Thunder Force III, yet they don't remember many people selling them megadrive games for the TEN YEARS they have been open. I don't want to wait ten years for new games to show up.

Super Robot Raging in the Streets Obviously's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenkiVideoGames.com
    Whilst we are a shop and not a fan site, we are a shop run by fans so hopefully that makes us worthy of a listing here!

www.GenkiVideoGames.com
    I really don't want to sound like I'm mini-modding or anything, but really, could you stop advertising outside of the "Sonic's Bazaar" forum? It's just kind of rude to spam your shop URL all over the place. No offense or anything like that.

I'm with Obviously on that. It's one thing to put it in the Bazaar (and I guess it's fair to use it as a username), but you don't have to refer to yourself every post.

No offense or anything like that.
    Same here.

Sorry gents, just this guy was stuck for games that we sell nearby in England. We also recommended a shop in that town, but it seems he knows it already. But if such advice isn't welcome, I'll stick to whoring my bitches in the Bazaar. Can you not recommend something from your own reportoire? As a web store, I'm afraid selling games is our business and what we do best. And please feel free to recommend someone, but I don't trust anyone more than ourselves. Next time we'll keep quiet.
    (Image of us leaving town with bag slung over shoulder)
    Peter.
    GenkiVideoGames.com

Quote Originally Posted by GenkiVideoGames.com
    Sorry gents, just this guy was stuck for games that we sell nearby in England. We also recommended a shop in that town, but it seems he knows it already. But if such advice isn't welcome, I'll stick to whoring my bitches in the Bazaar. Can you not recommend something from your own reportoire? As a web store, I'm afraid selling games is our business and what we do best. And please feel free to recommend someone, but I don't trust anyone more than ourselves. Next time we'll keep quiet.
    (Image of us leaving town with bag slung over shoulder)
    I am sorry if my thread has caused you any sadness. It seems you are rather taken aback and I didn't mean to potentially drive you away from the forum with all this.

*is sorry*

Sorry man. We'll toughen up!
    We were a little taken aback. I guess we should have been a bit more subtle in our approach to joining the forum and you are right to treat us with suspicion. But hopefully our Sega Tatoo's will shine through (though I'm not posting that one of Yu Suzuki on my arse just yet!)
    If someone is stuck in the future we'll hopefully think of others before ourselves, it just seemed a coincidence as this gent lives an hours drive away. Anyway nice to meet you!
    If there are any members of the Sega gaming cognoscenti out there with views on our site we'd still love to hear from you. Especially if you can correct synopsis of relatively unknown titles on the site or recommend some killer, but pretty much unheard of, apps. Hopefully we can bring some less commercial debate to the table for all to feast on!! :P
    Peter.
    GenkiVideoGames.com

Yeah. The hint is simply, on this site, you should be a Sega Fan first and the dude running the online store second.

Sound fair enough. Good luck finding games, sorry we couldn't help you out. I'm sure you'll find them if you look hard enough...
    Peter.
    GenkiVideoGames.com

Heh. Yeah, thanks. When the highlight of the shopping trip is finding a dirt (and I meant dirt) cheap copy of Mega Games 1 and Warpspeed of all things, you KNOW something is wrong. :P

I dream of finding a dirt cheap copy of The Ooze in japan, but I guess I'd need a time machine to make that dream come true. I've seen the bargain bin full of them in my dreams though, just never made it to the nice oneechan at the counter...
    Peter.
    GenkiVideoGames.com

Thread Information