Quantcast

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 32x problem

YM3438 Master! ESWAT Veteran evildragon's Avatar

I don't think it would fry the overlay circuit, but it sure would cause problems with other parts of the circuit, for that "session"..

The overlay circuit also decides if the console is allowed to run on the "console" it's on top of.. (if it's an american 32X, obviously feeding it 50Hz is a no go)

One of the other guys on this forum was able to build his own Genesis 1 to 32X "cable" just by connecting the pins with wires. Worked. But the pinout he was looking at was backwards as I recall, and mirroring of one of them fixed it.

YM3438 Master! ESWAT Veteran evildragon's Avatar

I'm going to be doing the ultimate hack soon..

Make it so no passthrough cable is required, AT ALL... Now, ask me how THAT's gonna work

Raging in the Streets bultje112's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    I just got a 32x and it's a little problematic. Still images (I guess moving images too), particularly images with large bits of one color, have this really bad "shimmer" to them... it's like, rolling colors. This happens whether it's a 32x game or a Genesis game.

I'm guessing that the cable that connects the 32x to the Genesis is bad... any thoughts?
    ok I'm having the same problem, except I'm using a megadrive 2 and a sega mega cd 2. when inserting a megadrive game in the 32x everything is fine, but a 32x game and I get distorted colors, rainbow-like on the top and shimmering and moving waves of lighter color through the screen or something. anyone an idea? I also have a us sega cd and genesis but I don't think I can try it on that one because of the electricity

edit: I also checked the sega cd and games on there show light waves of distorted images, not nearly as bad as the 32x but not as great as just the megadrive either.

edit 2: I've tried it with another megadrive 2 and same problem
    Last edited by bultje112; 02-24-2017 at 07:41 AM.

Thread Information