Quantcast

Thread: The Great Waldo Search

Whoa The Great Waldo Search

Children everywhere know about Where's Waldo and its lanky star. Between the ton of books, posters, and other merchandise bearing the brand, it's kind of hard not to find Waldo, and he even popped up on 16-bit consoles. Lamentably, there's nothing fun about searching for a guy who looks like an overgrown Christmas elf and spends his time hiding in public places. It's especially not fun when it takes longer to read the manual than it does to complete the game. Read our full review of The Great Waldo Search, and then see if you can find the trash bin. That's where Waldo should be.
    Last edited by Melf; 07-30-2011 at 09:13 PM.

Still not afraid of Y2K Shining Hero Rusty Venture's Avatar

"Why does this grown man keep hiding?"

Join the USA/NZ strike force team!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantar View Post
    a swedish android, awakened by the touch of Raśl Julia...

Melf, I noticed you listed the game as "Platform" for genre in the review list. I'd list it as maybe Puzzle or Misc. it seems more fitting.
    Check out my review channel at GameFaqs here. Then feel free to leave feedback and comment here

I'll have to remember to avoid this game. though I remember spending hours on end looking through the Waldo books when I was younger and also putting together a waldo puzzle which took like a month.

I rented this one, as I was a great Wally/Waldo fan back then. A simple and stupid game, way easier than the books. My 8 year-old self kinda liked it. The 33-year old of nowadays... I dunno: Gotta play it again. I'll edit this post later.

Edit: Well, here we have a serious contender for the worst game in our fav console. I've seen similar graphics on Apple ][, maybe not so colourful, but still... A shame on Martin Hanford's work. Extremely easy and unchallenging, the bonus stages are crappy, music is repetitive. The voices... Well, the voices are not bad, but thay're repetitive ad nauseam. Well, that's it: a piece of crap.
    Last edited by bigladiesman; 06-03-2017 at 01:29 AM.

The Gaming Gangsta Master of Shinobi profholt82's Avatar

This is a game for little kids though. My 4 year old daughter sure loves it. She gets excited when the bonus level pops up with the dog that rides the flying carpet and collects bones. It's a little step up in difficulty from the Barney game, and requires a bit more hand-eye coordination. I certainly wouldn't recommend it to a 33 year old man though.

Quote Originally Posted by profholt82 View Post
    This is a game for little kids though. My 4 year old daughter sure loves it. She gets excited when the bonus level pops up with the dog that rides the flying carpet and collects bones. It's a little step up in difficulty from the Barney game, and requires a bit more hand-eye coordination.

Love to see you and all the people around the retrogming community raising your kids to appreciate video game history.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker Madness Hero's Avatar

I always wanted to know why every one was looking for him. Is he a murder suspect, Russian spy, or perhaps a top secret camouflage project... One thing is certain, this red an white jet setter will do what ever it takes to hide including making making a game I have no interest in ever playing. What better way to stay under the radar than to lay low in a cut rate genesis game. Its brilliant!
    "Keep your friends close but get your enemies toaster."

Thread Information