Quantcast

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: How did you find this site (Sega-16) and why?

PimpTaxi is real 2401 Master of Shinobi PimpUigi's Avatar

I found it because I wanted to know how many games the Super NES and Genesis shared between them, so I could compare them all to find out which system had the better multi console games.

I'll be done in two years...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Venture View Post
    It's not "I like big boobies, where's a pic of Jennifer Love Hewitt!" it's "I like big boobies, and this Sonic character has them. Score!!"

Stuck in the Past Shining Hero The Jackal's Avatar

Bump!

I actually came across the site via Retro Gamer; they did an interview with Ken, and I then checked out the main site for reviews and features, before lurking for a while, then finally joining the site itself.

Rebel scum Shining Hero MrMatthews's Avatar

I can't believe I never responded to this thread.

I think I stumbled upon this site when I was first starting to recollect for the Sega Genesis. I had pretty much gotten the games I remembered renting when I was a kid (Flashback and Castle of Illusion, I think), and was looking into what other games I missed out on.

Banned by Administrators

Either the reviews and the format with how easy it was to sort by year and such back then. Or how this forum kept coming up in google searches for several things I was looking for (like technical stuff on how Genesis and SNES hardware work).

First post was in the TMNT Hyper Stone review, and it's a bloody typo mess.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert RvR's Avatar

I'm a big forum guys and I had been really getting into genesis, so I googled "sega forum."

VA1LT CHIP ENABLED Master of Shinobi OverDrone's Avatar

I got bored with fighting games five or six years ago (which is all I really cared about since SFII released), and wanted to play catch up on all the stuff I'd missed in the meantime. I had already started playing some more modern shmups like the CAVE releases on PS2, which of course got me thinking about my first love from when I was a kid - 16-bit shooters on the MD.

I grew up playing Hellfire, Zero Wing, Arrow Flash etc. and when I came to terms with the fact these games would likely never see a compilation on disc, I bit the bullet on a Japanese console.

Cue shitty picture through composite, jailbars, you name it. My research led me here and a few other key places that helped me get it all sorted, but of course the sweetest part of the deal is shooting the breeze with other like-minded folk about the games themselves.

Bunch of very knowledgeable guys here. Oh, and the picture from my MD is fucking incredible.

Raging in the Streets Thierry Henry's Avatar

Can't exactly recall now. I almost want to say it might have been something to do with finding the site when searching for compatible Genesis/MD games with the Sega Mouse. Or maybe it was for something else entirely. lol

I seem to remember that a bunch of posts and threads were lost quite a few years ago when the site came back online after it was hacked/compromised. Maybe my initial reason for joining was amongst those.
    Quote Originally Posted by soviet View Post
    We believe! SEGA Empire will live again! As the Jews re-established their Israel, GOD will never forget his people, SEGA will never forget her fans!

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert

I found this after stumbling on an article about GaSega68k's Wolfenstein 3D mega drive port. That made me believe that this is a serious forum with very serious developers and an opportunity to keep up to date on Wolf3D developments as well as other possible homebrew projects.
    That's mostly what I use this forum for still. Lots of knowledgeable and skilled people here sharing their impressive work.

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

I think I had a SegaCD issue so that was my first post after I had created an account. I had lurked on the site for quite awhile before that though.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

Super Robot Raging in the Streets Obviously's Avatar

2006 was the height of my game collecting days and the Genesis was my primary collection so looking for reviews sent me here.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner

Quote Originally Posted by RvR View Post
    I'm a big forum guys and I had been really getting into genesis, so I googled "sega forum."
    That's just what I did. Although, when I did that, I was more in my lurking days, so it took me a while to sign up. After that, it took me a while to start posting.

Nonconformist Hedgehog-in-TrainingWCPO Agent EyeDeeNo76's Avatar

Info info and more info... was looking up information on Bing about a lot of much to do with the old consoles and this site would show up.

Thread Information