Quantcast

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NBA Hangtime

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by zetastrike View Post
    I've had this game for the SNES since it came out, and all I can say is "meh". It's just a complete ripoff of Jam.
    To be fair it wasn't a rip off of NBA Jam, it was NBA Jam. Midway simply lost the rights to the Jam name to Acclaim, who then released their own inferior NBA Jam games. Midway just carried on with their series under different names.

As for the Genesis/MD version, well it looks nice enough I suppose, and it plays well, but it just lacks the spark the earlier Jam games had. Maybe the downscaling from the arcade version just bothered me more in this than in previous games.

Of course the N64 is like the best version available.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoltor View Post
    Japan on the other hand is in real danger, if Japanese men don't start liking to play with their woman, more then them selves, experts calculated the Japanese will be extinct within 300 years.

Master of Shinobi streetsofrage's Avatar

classic game beat the whole season many times . i used to like it cause in create ur player mode, there was one character that looked like me when i was a kid
    My Consoles: Nes(toaster), Nes (toploader), Snes, Sega Genesis 2x Model 1 (HD and Va7) , Genesis Model 2 ,Sega Cd model 2 (bois ver 2.00) ,Sega Saturn N64, PS1 , Xbox 1(modded running XMBC) , 2x Xbox360(2 jaspers)

My Handhelds: Sega Game Gear , Nintendo Ds, Sega Nomad

Fun little game, though for some reason it won't work properly on my "High Definition" Model 1 system. It gets to the title screen, then after that... black. The music keeps playing, but that's it. On my Model 2, it goes to the menu to start the game and everything seems fine after the title screen. And of course, if I put my 32X on my model 1 and try the game, it works fine.

Weird.
    Last edited by The Coop; 04-05-2022 at 04:31 AM.

Currently Reviewing: Desert Strike (SMS), Galaxy Force (SMS)
    Coming Up:TF3 Side by Side
    Done: Jim Power: The Lost Dimension

Road Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by The Coop View Post
    Fun little game, though for some reason it won't work properly on my "High Definition" Model 1 system. It gets to the title screen, then after that... black. The music keeps playing, but that's it. On my Model 2, it goes to the menu to start the game and everything seems fine after the title screen. And of course, if I put my 32X on my model 1 and try the game, it works fine.

Weird.
    that is strange and this is a must if you haven't got any of the nba jam games

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Coop View Post
    Weird.
    Could always try cleaning your cart slot and game, that helps in about 75% of the time.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Aleste's Avatar

Mine works on Model 1.

Thread Information