Quantcast

Thread: Super Battleship

Puyo Super Battleship

Milton Bradley's Battleship has been a family favorite since its introduction in 1943 (under a different name then), and several electronic version have made their way home over the last few decades. The company cashed in on the success of the 16-bit consoles by releasing a version for both the Genesis and the SNES, and while it wasn't bad, it lacked the excitement that made the original board game so famous. We've sunk a few depth charges into this one, and our sonar has come back with a full review. Read it and then go grab some friends for the board game instead.
    Last edited by Melf; 09-03-2011 at 02:13 PM.

Nowhere near as fun as playing the tabletop game w/ friends but still a somewhat good game

Sports Talker

why would anyone in the world play such a simple tabletop game on a modern 16 bit video gaming system? why would anyone pay for a game like this? I once had Battleship for my C64, but that was dull already... oh well.

Banned by Administrators

ive always liked the music when its your turn to move. The Jaws theme for the enemies was hillarious though.

boardgames seem like a good idea for a board game

i have so many of them on my commodore64 i enjoy payday but most are too complicated having to navigate on screen can get annoying its a bit like reading a book vs reading a pdf of a book
    some others i have on the c64 monopoly,clue,candyland and the most popular board game checkers

another game i like is called millebornes it is fun on the computer but it is a card game not a board game there are plenty of the card games too like crazy 8s

i love my little lcd version ive had if for years i dont need a friend and wont find little pegs in my couch for weeks

on the genesis the cut scenes while neat istn that impressive and just serves to delay and its graphics are that of the action 52 if they really want to jazz something up they should zaz it to the max

make sure and visit my album

Thread Information