Quantcast

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Graphical Greats: Best Looking Games on the Genesis

Well I was thinking New Zealand Story but I guess Flicky could be an honorable mention.

Quote Originally Posted by j_factor
    Wow, not a single mention of Red Zone, which is one of the most graphically impressive games on the system IMO.
    I was thinking of writing a review for that game.

I thought that vectorman had overall better designs than the sub-saturday morning enemies of 3D-blast. But oh well. . .

as for best color, I'd nominate Sonic & Knuckles. . .but I often forget that I always tweaked my TV's color settings off the default for brighter fuller colors. So what I see may not be what you guys see.

Hooligans of the Night...Eat, Game, and be Merry
    The Game Collection

Nice article overall, but I was a bit disappointed with the lack of pictures, and I think a couple of the winners didn't really deserve it. For example, both the vectorman 2 and sonic 3d intros (if that's what you mean?) look like shit to me:P Who cares if they're the most technically advanced, they sure aren't very artistically pleasing.

Another category I wasn't too happy with was "best use of colors", where the platformer Ristar should've At least got an honorary mention, if not won the category. It would also fit pretty well in the lighting category. I guess Monster world IV could fit in there somewhere, too..or Rocketknight adventures.

And don't forget Kawazaki superbikes, it definitely looks better than that F-15 game!

I DON'T LIKE POKEMON Hero of Algol j_factor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GeckoYamori
    I was thinking of writing a review for that game.
    I was pondering it myself. It's one of the most impressive 16-bit games to ever be burned to a cart, IMO. Seeing all the stuff that game did made me think Donkey Kong Country's visuals were no big deal.... if only Red Zone had gotten more attention.

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces.

The helicopter parts were insanely hard though and didn't play as good as the Strike series.

Quote Originally Posted by GeckoYamori
    The helicopter parts were insanely hard though and didn't play as good as the Strike series.
    But the video was tres impressiv!

Yes but unfortunately all the technical wow-wow doesn't save the game from mediocrity

Master of Shinobi ary incorparated's Avatar

Joe,Vectorman doesnt have a lack of color.Not at all eyh.play to the later levels and youle see,never seen the snow level color sun etc,never seen the level with the extreme thunder,the level with the lightning experience.BTW i totally agree That Ristar had to be in there,damn that one is undenieable good in depht of color,and Ranger x is good but far not better then Ristar in that sort of way.Ranger x doesnt go over 60 colors,whats that crap story about that it would be one of a few,noooh even comix zone looks better.and Thunder force sounds great but doesn graphically impress compared with other gennesis games,My friends hated the bleu water look a like effect in the first level,Paralax no shit,many genesis games use that option,Ranger x for instance.TF4 is sertainly a damn fine game overall,one of the best.but not one of the ten best looking in a scene.DONT forget about ristar,dont forget about its graphics,they where undenieable good.If Ranger x is the exeption of over 64 colours,for shure the proving screen can be posted,Please proove it ones,i think then if ranger can do it most of genesis game can do it,Ristar looks better,alien soldier,vectorman.

Red zone plays pretty dull,but looks damn fine,Guys dont go compare snes games to genesis games,like DK country has more colors then any genesis game is untrue,DK uses more then 90 colours in screen,but eyh do the lvels vary much,no so tha leaves inc animation like 120,150 colors,and wele now the lack of animation that snes has which makes it look rather stif and digitized,clay hehe.Backgrounds do look like photos.Like any gensis game we now that always theres a lot going on,like gunstar,ever seen such smooth animations in a snes game nope,plus the level vary very much there are lots,tons of enemys and like the first level complete,youle get layered clouds and nice animated backgrouns and sky etc everything is actually moving.count the level colors if possible then youle see that genesis mostly has the advantage,its hard counting couse of animations ehy.Good example of graphic comparing,Final fight cd against final fight on snes,(snes has less characters and minor animation)while snes can do more sprites,he cant animate em so yup like max one character on screen,A other comparisment,yess Aladin on snes uses a bit more colors,but then the gensis version has the depht of the movie,uberclass animated and not a lack of detail,even the pants from the enmy fals down and a apple cut in half,so actually snes is not the better one.

j.factor's avatar pretty much expresses the entire pallette of Vectorman from my memory (I know there are more colors in the game than that). I actually bought that game when it came out from Electronics Boutique and took it back the next day. The graphics were alright but the music made me nauseous.

hehehe i can understand that entirely,some techno boring bleeps yup,The alpha channels and shadow and ham mode make the more colors in screen,i think that the normal level colors would be like 40 higly inc characters,and + animations,lighten darken over 64.Thats the trick but been done.Joe is my story right about the genesis its graphics,dunno for shure but i think that is it.How about a genesis graphic top ten somethime.

I DON'T LIKE POKEMON Hero of Algol j_factor's Avatar

You want lots of colors?

That's from a Genesis game. Notice how those little bars are slightly different colors. Yeah.

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces.

What game is it from??
    You have the ring... and I see your schwartz is as big as mine...

The amazing Puggsy!

Thread Information