Quantcast

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: OK, so I got a Sega Master System...

Banned by Administrators

interesting note: Golvellius: Valley of Doom is only 99 for the iPhone. What a random addition.

Time to DL it than since its an awesome game

Banned by Administrators

I envy you, 17days. When I got my Master System, it came with 2 controllers, 15 games - among those 2 lightgun games, both the hookups needed, but NO PHASER. All was fine just playing Shinobi and Double Dragon on it, along with trying out Lord of the Sword, Great Baseball, Great Golf, and Super Tennis. My Master System lost its power supply, so I couldn't use it, but I had a Genesis and some games - among them some shitty games I put up for conversion a while back. I wanted to harvest the cartridge slot from my Master System and attempt to create a passthrough device for it, like the Power Base Converter, but could never get the cart slot off the PCB. I threw away my Master System on the hypothesis that it wouldn't function anymore. Later down the road, My 4th Genesis started acting up (had to put pressure on the wires to get sound to work, ect.) and, having little to no tech skills, (sorry Sega-16) decided to just do away with the faulty console. I primarily use emulaton now as a substitute for my derailed Genesis life. eBay would get me back on track if my family had more money. That's the gist of why I don't have a Genesis or Master System anymore.

In short, guy gets Master System, Master System loses power supply, guy tries hacking Master System, guy throws away Master System, guy gets Genesis, Genesis breaks, guy throws Genesis away.
    Last edited by Honey the Cat; 11-25-2009 at 11:03 PM. Reason: Added a small summary for the TLDR people

Banned by Administrators

god dammit Honey, you're such a noob.

MASTER SYSTEM AND MODEL 1 GENESIS USE THE SAME POWER SUPPLY AND A/V CABLES!

and financial problems? I got the world's most perfect HD graphics model 1 on eBay with 2 controllers and hookups (RF, blech) for $20 shipped. If you can't spare $20...I really don't know what to say.

Banned by Administrators

I had a model 2, not quite what I expected at the time I got it.
    EDIT: Didn't you have a signature flaming RobIvy for calling you poor?
    Last edited by Honey the Cat; 11-26-2009 at 12:46 AM.

i really wanted a complete sms for the longest time until sonics ultimate genesis collection came out and had phantasy star and golden axe warrior as well as the actual arcade ports of shinobi, space harrier, and fantasy zone i think ill just get a pbc with alex kidd in miracleworld and wonderboy 3 any other must haves i should get? ps i just love the master system controller especially with the mini joystick attached
    I don't play old stuff for nostalgia, I play old stuff because the games are better.
    -Drakon

wow thinking about it now sonics ultimate genesis collection wasnt really that bad was it especially for the price, they did leave out some good ones( outrun, space harrier 2, super monaco gp, ranger x, gunstar heroes, alisia dragoon, toejam and earl 1 and 2) but arcade perfect shinobi!? what a treat!
    I don't play old stuff for nostalgia, I play old stuff because the games are better.
    -Drakon

creepy sega witch WCPO Agent Karakasa-Obake's Avatar

17days mah boi, you need to get Psycho Fox.
    Don't be put off by it's furry demeanor, It's straight up platforming gold.

here in the uk you can buy huge stacks of great master system games for next to nothing i bought a mark 2 for 7 and it came with over 40 boxed games. but i dont think most of my fav games were released in the us stuff like sonic chaos, mk2,jurasic park,aladin, i could go on forever with it but i wont bother point is im not even sure a a master system is worth bothering with in the us and the few great games there are prolly much more expensive.

CatThatCollidesWithThings Wildside Expert Collision Cat's Avatar

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Karakasa-Obake View Post
    17days mah boi, you need to get Psycho Fox.
    Don't be put off by it's furry demeanor, It's straight up platforming gold.
    I agree! The slippery controls and heavily momentum based jumping take quite some getting used to though. My favourite form is the cheetah, how about you?

Quote Originally Posted by Collision Cat View Post

I agree! The slippery controls and heavily momentum based jumping take quite some getting used to though. My favourite form is the cheetah, how about you?
    Yeah, the jumps seemed a bit off at first. Lol, my fave is the cheetah as well. Although, you can never go wrong with just the fox. I'm not too fond of the Hippo or monkey though. the monkey just looks to goofy for my tastes.

CatThatCollidesWithThings Wildside Expert Collision Cat's Avatar

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Karakasa-Obake View Post
    Yeah, the jumps seemed a bit off at first. Lol, my fave is the cheetah as well. Although, you can never go wrong with just the fox. I'm not too fond of the Hippo or monkey though. the monkey just looks to goofy for my tastes.
    Cool! The monkey's high jumping is pretty useful though. But the hippo is only useful occasionally. I don't think the cheetah's fast running is particularly helpful but he's cute!

Quote Originally Posted by Collision Cat View Post

Cool! The monkey's high jumping is pretty useful though. But the hippo is only useful occasionally. I don't think the cheetah's fast running is particularly helpful but he's cute!
    Lol, I would have to agree on that. I'm thinking about changing my avatar to the cheetah.

Quote Originally Posted by shinobimusashi View Post
    i really wanted a complete sms for the longest time until sonics ultimate genesis collection came out and had phantasy star and golden axe warrior as well as the actual arcade ports of shinobi, space harrier, and fantasy zone i think ill just get a pbc with alex kidd in miracleworld and wonderboy 3 any other must haves i should get? ps i just love the master system controller especially with the mini joystick attached
    The mini-joystick is cool in concept, but it's virtually unplayable. Hurts your thumb, too. And kids can choke on it, apparently.

As for Psycho Fox, it definitely has a lot of admirers, and I certainly wanted to like it, but in the end: Physics Fail.
    "Enduro" is a symbolic journey through life via the media of a race.

Level 6 Rocket Knight Raging in the Streets jerry coeurl's Avatar

I've tried Psycho Fox, but yeah. It takes a lot of getting used to. Decap Attack seems a lot more forgiving, although I haven't progressed to far into that one either.

Quote Originally Posted by soviet View Post
    If Sega making condoms,I will to one-night-stands in every night~

Thread Information