Quantcast

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this a good price for a GG?

Default Is this a good price for a GG?

http://nashville.craigslist.org/vgm/1482481914.html

I've never really had the urge to get one though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoltor View Post
    Japan on the other hand is in real danger, if Japanese men don't start liking to play with their woman, more then them selves, experts calculated the Japanese will be extinct within 300 years.

Banned by Administrators

eh, not really. I mean, I'm sure it's worth more with the box, but GG's are getting to be pretty sketchy on the used market. I would ask him to test it before confirming a deal. I guess with all of the games it's about right.

Level 6 Rocket Knight Raging in the Streets jerry coeurl's Avatar

Ehh, I'm sure if you snoop around you can find one for less. I don't really think I'd be happy with a GG at that price, but maybe it's just me. And none of the games are really jumping out at me as "must haves," to be quite honest. Sonic Chaos is okay and Sonic the Hedgehog 2 is love it or hate it but those can be had for like a couple bucks a pop. Probably still sealed, too (there are billions of copies of these games).

GG sucks imo for "on the go" gaming, but if you don't mind playing on the tiny screen in your own home, with the GG plugged into the wall of course, it has quite a few unique titles worth checking out.

Quote Originally Posted by soviet View Post
    If Sega making condoms,I will to one-night-stands in every night~

ding-doaw Raging in the Streets tomaitheous's Avatar

GG's go for about $30+ loose with an AC adapter here. A boxed GG and 11 game for $50? That's decent. It's not a super great deal, but neither is it a bad deal. I don't really know how much the box adds to the value, but if each game cost/worth $1.00 then that's $41 total if he didn't have the box. Which sounds about right. So $9 more for the original GG packaging *is* a good deal IMO.

I got a great deal on the GG by luck; $60 for a GG+ac+car adapter, *official* Sega GG suit case (to hold all of this stuff), TV tuner, SMS adapter, Game Genie + book of codes, that doo-hicky magnifying box/glass that fits over the GG unit so you can see the screen better, a copy of SMS Altered Beast, and 25 GG games all with plastic cases. I didn't get any original boxes though

Yeah the GG has always been a system that never really impressed me like the GB did back in the day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoltor View Post
    Japan on the other hand is in real danger, if Japanese men don't start liking to play with their woman, more then them selves, experts calculated the Japanese will be extinct within 300 years.

Banned by Administrators

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Shocker View Post
    Yeah the GG has always been a system that never really impressed me like the GB did back in the day.
    WHAT!?

dude, the GameBoy was a shit sandwich. There was almost nothing worth playing until the GBA, which was like 2001, over 10 years later (than the Game Gear).

Game Gear is awesome, it's just not a smart investment at this point because the capacitors are so flakey and you are almost guaranteed to have to replace them in just a few short months/years.

People complain about battery life, but I always managed fine with my battery pack. Just charge it the night before you planned on going on a trip, etc. and you were good. If you were playing at home, just plug it into a wall outlet.

Still, with the crappy screen (by modern standards), poor reliability (due to short-lived capacitors), short battery life (without a bulky battery pack), you're better off with the near perfect emulation available across a multitude of systems. Master System/GG emulation will even run perfect on systems that struggle with NES emulation.

I might not feel a necessity for the actual hardware anymore, but damn if I don't love the shit out of what the Game Gear represents.

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Shocker View Post
    http://nashville.craigslist.org/vgm/1482481914.html

I've never really had the urge to get one though.
    No I got one at the Pawnshop for for 15$ w/ 10 games so you can definitely do better than that.

Still not afraid of Y2K Shining Hero Rusty Venture's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 17daysolderthannes View Post
    There was almost nothing worth playing until the GBA, which was like 2001, over 10 years later (than the Game Gear).
    This is a fallacy.

I will give you that the original GB *screen* is excrement of excrement, but there are awesome games on the Gameboy that make the Game Gear pout like an emo "Twilight" fan.

Join the USA/NZ strike force team!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantar View Post
    a swedish android, awakened by the touch of Raśl Julia...

Grandmaster's Reckoning ESWAT Veteran Knuckle Duster's Avatar

I wish my Gameboy & Gamegear still worked. Almost certainly dead caps in both of them.

Too apathetic to repair them, don't own any good software anymore.

I DON'T LIKE POKEMON Hero of Algol j_factor's Avatar

I wish someone would come out with a Game Gear clone system with an a/v out.

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces.

Grand Duke of Nukem Master of Shinobi Nunzio's Avatar

If you really want a Game Gear you should consider importing one of the Australian ones, it will save you a headache in the future.
    S A V E R U S T Y

Grandmaster's Reckoning ESWAT Veteran Knuckle Duster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nunzio View Post
    If you really want a Game Gear you should consider importing one of the Australian ones, it will save you a headache in the future.
    What do you mean? Did they get a 'kids gear' redesign like Japan?

Angry Liberal Arts Major Hero of Algol Iron Lizard's Avatar

They are pretty cheap on Amazon.

I really like the Game Gear myself, always preferred it to the Game Boy. I always found more interesting games on the GG, like the Sonics, Streets of Rage 2. I got the Game Gear long before the Game Boy though, so my memories are with the Game Gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    The Sega Saturn was God's gift to humanity. This is inarguable fact!

Feedback Thread: http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...ack&highlight=

Thread Information