Quantcast

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Simpsons: Virtual Bart

Default Simpsons: Virtual Bart

By now you've ripped open all your gifts, and the sink is still strewn with the dirty dishes from the family feast. What's there left to do? Why play your Genesis, of course! If you're looking from something to exchange for those unwanted gifts, then maybe you should take a look at Acclaim's Virtual Bart. I know, I know. Acclaim? A Simpsons game? Such a match usually has its origins in hell, but this one might surprise you, especially if you pick it up on the cheap side. Read our full review and [insert tired Simpsons reference here]!!
    Last edited by Melf; 08-30-2011 at 08:37 PM.

Isolated Warrior Master of Shinobi Dirt Ball Gamer's Avatar

I actually quite liked this game when it first came out, I think probably because I was young and able to play highly frustrating minigames relentlessly, destroying my thumb pad in the process. I would get pissed and throw the controller, then cool down and try it once more until I finally beat it. I like the minigames actually once you get the timing down. The lobbing tomatoes and waterslide especially, but the baby level is fun IMO. The pig level's probably the one I hate most for some reason. I'D of given the game as a whole a 7. Good job on the review.
    Last edited by Dirt Ball Gamer; 12-27-2007 at 10:51 PM.

And the price tag for the game in Japan: $500 and up.

Good review; better-than-expected game.

ICE HOCKEY BY ACTIVISION! The Sports Guy's Avatar

I loved this game when I was a kid, probably because it was one of two simpsons games i was good at (the other being simpsons bowling) when i was little. This is #3, behind road rage and bowling. Worth a 7, but 6 is doable.
    Sega-16's Resident Sports Authority. Chief Heckler of the Midwest.

Next up on the tee:
    Tecmo Super Bowl III
    Bass Masters Classic

Isolated Warrior Master of Shinobi Dirt Ball Gamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fighter17
    And the price tag for the game in Japan: $500 and up.
    Jeez, you gotta be kidding me. Damn you could get darxide for that(if your lucky). Only the most maniacle collector would fork over 500 for a game that is cheap as hell here. I suppose there are people like that though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Ball Gamer
    Jeez, you gotta be kidding me. Damn you could get darxide for that(if your lucky). Only the most maniacle collector would fork over 500 for a game that is cheap as hell here. I suppose there are people like that though.
    Most, if not all Acclaim JP Megadrive games had low print runs and the prices for them are off the roof. No one buys them because well, it's Acclaim we're talking about here. You have to be dumb buying the game for $500 (because no body buys them).

So there's no demand, and yet the price is still high? Ridiculous.

There is demand, a lot of Megadrive collectors want all the Japanese releases instead of western ones, mainly because of the better artwork it seems. Admittedly the Japanese games do look nicer sitting on shelves, not nice enough for the price difference as far as I'm concerned though.

I usually buy the cheapest version if they are the same in all regions. I think there is no point in spending hundreds of dollars on something just because it was originally released in Japan.
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

Unless it's a woman, I'd imagine.

Hahaha, you got that right. But women aren't for sale, at least not in "my" world.
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

Quote Originally Posted by playgen
    There is demand, a lot of Megadrive collectors want all the Japanese releases instead of western ones, mainly because of the better artwork it seems. Admittedly the Japanese games do look nicer sitting on shelves, not nice enough for the price difference as far as I'm concerned though.
    The artwork for the JP Acclaim games are the same as the US counterparts. Hell in most JP MD Acclaim games there's a Japanese manual and get this, a US GENESIS manual as well!

Trust me on this, there's no demand for the JP Acclaim games. You got to be retarded spending big bucks on crappy licenses games when for a lower price you can get quality stuff like Alien Soldier, Slap Fight MD, and etc.

The only people buying up these games are the ultra-hardcore collectors in Japan and few outside Japan. If you purchase one of these games for profit then don't expect anyone buying it anytime soon.
    Last edited by ThunderForce; 12-28-2007 at 10:36 AM.

Yersh. I've spent far too much money on crappy Mega Drive games just because I didn't have them. But the massive price tag on those Jpn acclaim games is ridiculous. (Take a look here: http://stores.ebay.co.uk/MERCACOMBO_...QQftidZ2QQtZkm ) Even if I somehow came into many riches I wouldn't be able to justify that!

Anyway, I think the game itself is... okay. (The last PAL game I bought, coincidentally.) Probably my favourite 16-bit Simpsons game. I like the Pig / dinosaur sections, but can't get the hang of the tomato-shooting. I guess I just don't have the timing

Master of Shinobi ary incorparated's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Genesis Knight
    Unless it's a woman, I'd imagine.
    ????? maybe in amsterdam yeah. hmm maybe i have this game import somewhere? could be it seems familiar.BTW look at the nuts paying above 600 dollars for fatal fury motw which is great but just a fighter that is a tad overrated.

Thread Information