Quantcast

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: did i get a good HD model 1 genesis ?

If an S-video mod is an option, that will look quite good as well, saturation will be different, so you'd need to adjust the TV's settings, but if you've already been using composite or RF, the settings should be the same. (that oversaturation is common to other consoles like SNES in composite/s-video as well)

If you can mod it yourself (or have a freind that could), great, if not, it still may be cheaper to pay someone else than buying an SCART RGB cable and transcoder. It really is relatively simple, but if the console has the CXA1145 encoder, make sure a stronger resistor than usually suggested is used on the chroma line (should be be ~480 ohms I think -opposed to the normal 75 ohms), this is to elliminate the vertical lines in the color signal.
    6 days older than SEGA Genesis
    -------------
    Quote Originally Posted by evilevoix View Post
    Dude it’s the bios that marries the 16 bit and the 8 bit that makes it 24 bit. If SNK released their double speed bios revision SNK would have had the world’s first 48 bit machine, IDK how you keep ignoring this.
    Quote Originally Posted by evilevoix View Post
    the PCE, that system has no extra silicone for music, how many resources are used to make music and it has less sprites than the MD on screen at once but a larger sprite area?

Bite my shiny, metal ***! Hero of Algol retrospiel's Avatar

But Matteus lives in the UK so an S-Video wouldn't be a good alternative.
    The Mega Drive was far inferior to the NES in terms of diffusion rate and sales in the Japanese market, though there were ardent Sega users. But in the US and Europe, we knew Sega could challenge Nintendo. We aimed at dominating those markets, hiring experienced staff for our overseas department in Japan, and revitalising Sega of America and the ailing Virgin group in Europe.

Then we set about developing killer games.

- Hayao Nakayama, Mega Drive Collected Works (p. 17)

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training

Genesis

First, I apologize for bumping such an old thread.

Secondly, I recently bought one of these off eBay as well.

But the main reason for my posting is this... What exactly constitutes a good model 1?.. It seems the holy grail of genesis is a non TMSS model 1. But Is there any benefit of a non TMSS model 1 other than the fact that it doesn't have the TMSS?

Quote Originally Posted by streetsofrage View Post
    i bought a model 1 hd genesis today for 30$ with all hookups and some crappy games i just want to know if i got a good one on the mother board it says

SEGA IC BDM5 USA
    ym2612

it has tmss

SEGA! Beat us if you can! Nameless One SEGAretro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tsudeily View Post
    First, I apologize for bumping such an old thread.

Secondly, I recently bought one of these off eBay as well.

But the main reason for my posting is this... What exactly constitutes a good model 1?.. It seems the holy grail of genesis is a non TMSS model 1. But Is there any benefit of a non TMSS model 1 other than the fact that it doesn't have the TMSS?

Quote Originally Posted by Christuserloeser View Post
    Better audio mixing circuit and thus better audio
    Topic with a lot more information about the different models: http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...-from-bad-ones

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training

Thanks for the link.

WTF

Quote Originally Posted by TmEE View Post
    it has TMSS, said in first post.... no TMSS means a bit better sound than usual, text alone is not enough
    I personally haven't heard a difference between HDG Geneses with TMSS and ones without TMSS.

Thread Information