Quantcast

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: My Random Stuff.

Default FS: My Random Stuff. (Now Selling MD Pirates)

closed.
    Last edited by Blur_Sotong; 06-06-2010 at 02:32 PM.

Road Rasher

I'm really hoping I can find a boxed Korean version of Sonic & Knuckles. Finally found a cart-only, so I know it exists, but I have no idea what the box will be like. I've never seen a cardboard box or something with styrofoam like that for a Korean MD game.

A lot of really nice items here. Are there a lot of collectors for the Asian version stuff? I haven't found too many interested in Korean items other than a few exclusives and compilations. Anyways good luck.

For the Korean Sonic & Knuckles maybe in a cardbox. It will be a great addition to the European collectors if you could ever find it.

For the Korean items, just wait and the French or German will definitely PM you. Provided they saw the item you are selling. Asian collectors are mainly coming from Europe & Asia. There are like 4 to 5 asian legit variants.

Some of the Asian games that are coming out of Thailand seem rather dubious and misleading label. They even claim a japanese game as an asian version and many fall for it. Be careful to those that bought games on Ebay from Thailand. If you need any question about the Sega MD Asian version originality do ask me.

PM Sent

Quote Originally Posted by molotovwars View Post
    I'm really hoping I can find a boxed Korean version of Sonic & Knuckles. Finally found a cart-only, so I know it exists, but I have no idea what the box will be like. I've never seen a cardboard box or something with styrofoam like that for a Korean MD game.
    There's a picture of Korean S&K here - looks the same as the Japanese version (card box) but with Korean text.

I'd be interested in Korean Sonic games, but I'm guessing they can't be had for very cheap. Korean hacks/exclusives too, moreso

Quote Originally Posted by Blur_Sotong View Post
    Some of the Asian games that are coming out of Thailand seem rather dubious and misleading label. They even claim a japanese game as an asian version and many fall for it. Be careful to those that bought games on Ebay from Thailand. If you need any question about the Sega MD Asian version originality do ask me.
    I've been wondering about all the Golden Axe IIIs - do you know if there's any difference between the Jp and Asian versions, aside from the yellow sticker? Seems like a couple of sellers have warehouses full of them, they've been selling them for years now :/

The Mega Games 10 is interesting - I'd like one, with a manual (For future reference, do you accept trades, or just $?)

PM sent

- CIB Pulseman & Magic Key III - $85 shipped *Price adjusted*

- Twinkle Tale - $70 shipped (Sunfaded) SOLD

- Magical Hat no Buttobi - pending
    - Dragon Ball Z - $20 shipped - pending
    Last edited by Blur_Sotong; 01-25-2010 at 12:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smii View Post

I've been wondering about all the Golden Axe IIIs - do you know if there's any difference between the Jp and Asian versions, aside from the yellow sticker? Seems like a couple of sellers have warehouses full of them, they've been selling them for years now :/

I notice that these 3 Asian games are not the legit asian version coming from Thailand.

Mazin Saga (Asian version does not exists)
    This is sold from Thailand. I dare say it is not a legit asian version. Must not have any japanese text and even the seller trying to disguise with an English UK manual, the damn cart is a japanese label. For example, have a look at my Rocket Knight Adventures.

Golden Axe III (Asian version does not exists)

- There must not have a Japanese text on the artcover or manual. Most single asian manual are in English. As for the "Gold Mega Drive" font both manual is in English & Chinese. The Thai's simply pasted a round "Asian Version" sticker. Not a very smart move. It is a Fake version.

Chiki Chiki Boys (Only in English and it look identical to the UK version)

- I saw a Japanese Chiki Chiki Boys with a round "Asian Version" sticker pasted to it. These Thai's simply make plenty of "Asian Version" sticker and pasted to the wrong cart. Finally they are exposed.

Here is how a legit Chiki Chiki Boys look like. The only rare different is the cart is an asian cartridge with identical UK printing. For example, have a look at my Rocket Knight Adventures.

Last edited by Blur_Sotong; 01-25-2010 at 02:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smii View Post

The Mega Games 10 is interesting - I'd like one, with a manual
    Honestly, the The Mega Games 10 is CIB complete and no manual ever existed for a 10 games manual cramp in a small cardbox.
    Last edited by Blur_Sotong; 01-25-2010 at 01:58 AM.

Road Rasher

^ yeah, I've never found a manual with any of the compilations I've found in Korea. I think there just wasn't much point. Like game lists etc would just be on the back of the box. But then again I haven't found any cardboard box stuff for the Mega Drive, so if you've got the regular clamshell case all you have to do is print an insert and I think the people making the games saw that as reasonable and important, while a manual was unnecessary.

Raging in the Streets KnightWarrior's Avatar

I think I have this version of the Asian Sonic & Knuckles in a bin somewhere..I didn't know it's worth that much

Hopefully you still do have the 3 language manual that comes with it. (English,Chinese & Indonesian)

hey..
    i cant send you more private messages.
    Blur_Sotong has exceeded their stored private messages

Honestly, the The Mega Games 10 is CIB complete and no manual ever existed for a 10 games manual cramp in a small cardbox.
    Hm, guess it makes sense they might not have bothered producing them - I assumed there would be a manual, since Mega Games 6 (Euro) had one, can't remember exactly but I think it was just a condensed version of the regular manuals, thought the same might apply to this. Or maybe it might just have photocopied sheets like some Euro versions of Mega Games 1 (though they might not have come like this from the factory... I'd post photos of mine if I had access to them right now, but I'm probably the only person remotely interested anyway )

Mazin Saga (Asian version does not exists)
    This is sold from Thailand. I dare say it is not a legit asian version. Must not have any japanese text and even the seller trying to disguise with an English UK manual, the damn cart is a japanese label...
    So GAIII does just have a sticker - good. Faking Asian versions would be easy to do, never considered that - it's another area that most collectors don't seem to know too much about. Especially since the game variations vary so much anyway, like you say (some with gold logo, some with just stickers). I guess the green boxed games are late release titles (like every other region got a change in packaging at some stage) but I wonder who decided which to just change the cart shape of, etc. (Just came down to some boring reason like expenses I expect )

Here is how a legit Chiki Chiki Boys look like. The only rare different is the cart is an asian cartridge with identical UK printing. For example, have a look at my Rocket Knight Adventures.

Nice photo. Any idea what the the "WYWY Group" is, I have a couple of games with this sticker on and always wondered

Sorry to derail your sales thread btw!

Are You OKAY?!?! Road Rasher JackieBogard's Avatar

damn I want that AES.. but I dont have the money ATM.

Thread Information